Have you ever been lost? Have you ever felt that sense of uncertainty that you "think" you might be lost or have lost your way..but you "kind of" know where you're at..where you're headed.. which direction you are supposed to be going? And just when you get that feeling that you're headed in the right direction again, something inside you tells you something different. So you stop. Wait. Look. Think. That last one is the booger - THINK. That is something I do way too much of. The problem solving, effective time management,organized, OCD person that I am says this THINKING is not necessarily a good thing to do (after all.. IT IS a waste of time). And yet that still small voice says "are those God's thoughts?" and I shudder to think about how much time and emotions are wasted on MY thoughts.
SIGH >>> I hate the overwhelming feeling of anxiety, panic, fear and insecurity that sets in when I'm lost. Second guessing the direction in which I'm supposed to be going, while justifying the confusion as a result of distractions, circumstances and dynamics that impact the road I'm on. And then there's the highway (which is more my speed)..the introverted, aimless, selfish wandering.. at an unsafe speed .. OUCH.
I may not have a GPS in my vehicle - but I do have a Savior that lives in me and will guide and DIRECT my path ALL the time. Proverbs 3:5-6 (NASB) reminds me to "Trust in the Lord with all your heard and do not lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."
No comments:
Post a Comment